"I thoroughly enjoyed working with Movie Outline and found it easy to use, well designed, helpful and entertaining. If you're a novice or a seasoned pro, this program can aid greatly in your creative process."
--Marc Scott Zicree
Writer-Producer, Star Trek - The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Babylon 5, Sliders.
Movie Outline is innovative screenplay development software for both the amateur and professional screenwriter which uses the simple technique of step-outlining to build your story, characters and screenplay scene by scene, allowing you to focus on each key event of your script without losing sight of the bigger picture.
With Movie Outline you can easily plan and customize your story structure, color-code acts, rearrange scenes, develop and track characters, format your screenplay to industry standard and even gauge the progress of your own story to that of included outlines and analyses of successful Hollywood movies, allowing you to simultaneously compare your own narrative's pacing with the pros. Simply put, Movie Outline is the ultimate writer's tool, a powerful one-stop shop for all screenwriters - novice and pro! Movie Outline has:
* Screenplay Formatting & Auto-Complete
* Character Development & Tracking Tools
* FeelFactor Story Analysis Graphs
* Visual Drag & Drop Index Cards
* Drag & Drop Steps/Tasks in your Outline/Tasks List
* Customizable Color-Coded PowerView Structure Templates
* Sample Structure Templates including the Hero's Journey
* Dialogue Spotlight to view a character's isolated dialogue
* Notes & Script Sections for each step
* Powerful Import, Print & Export Facility
* Ability to export your own projects into your Reference Library
* 12 Updated Reference Outlines & Analyses with FeelFactor graphs
* Speedier, more intelligent Spell-Checker with live spell-checking
* Powerful Thesaurus with synonyms, antonyms, definitions and examples
* Ability to Merge Steps & Copy/Paste Story Tasks
* Insert Special Characters Feature
* Title Page creation
* Auto-Backup facility
* Integrated Check For Updates
* Deactivation Feature to transfer activations to another computer
* Improved Step & Task Highlight Feature
* Draggable Window Divider to customize your workspace
* SmartHelp to view context sensitive help with your mouse
* Tip of the Day now has even with more screenwriting advice
* 100% Cross-Platform
* Plus a fresher user-interface with many enhancements!
What Makes Movie Outline 3 Unique?
Different genres of movies require different amounts of scenes. Dramas are typically around 35-40 scenes because they usually have longer scenes than Thrillers, Comedies and Action and Adventure movies, which are normally around 45 scenes with more action and less dialogue.
To help plan out your project, Movie Outline allows you to simultaneously refer to produced feature film outline analyses and gauge the progress of your own story in contrast to some of the most successful Hollywood movies.
So if you get stuck on scene 15 and wonder if your structure is working, simply select your movie Reference Outline and see what happens at the same time in this example. For instance, has your antagonist entered the story too late? Or perhaps your Hero has still not had his call to adventure?
By comparing the development of your own character arcs, escalating conflicts, plot turning points and three act structure with the pros, you will be able to amend mistakes in your own narrative pacing and produce a well-structured screen story!
Example movie outlines on this software: Dead Poets Society, Die Hard, Ghost, There's Something About Mary, Good Will Hunting, Pretty Woman, Scream, Seven, Spider-Man, Terminator, When Harry Met Sally and True Romance.
Windows 2000/XP/Vista MAC OS X 10.3.9 or higher